• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webinar series - Introduction to Image Analysis

Open Inventor SDK | Introduction to Image Analysis + Remote Rendering

Wednesday, July 24, 2015
    11:00 - 11:45 AM CDT (UTC -5:00)
    NOTE: This session is run from the US. Mind the time zone!
    REGISTER

Tuesday, July 23, 2015
    11:00 - 11:45 AM CEST (UTC +1:00)
    NOTE: This session is run from EUROPE. Mind the time zone!
    REGISTER

During this 30-minute free webinar, you will be able to learn and see demos about the following capabilities of Open Inventor SDK:

Image processing and analysis:
    • Image filtering and pre-processing
    • 2D and 3D visualization
    • Segmentation
    • Data quantification and numerical results

Interactive remote 2D/3D visualization:
    • Building web-based applications that deliver high-quality 2D and 3D interactive visualization on any browser-enabled device.

The presentation will be followed by a Q&A session with our Open Inventor Product Expert.

Hi, Mike~ One question about Remote Rendering as below:

Chapter 27, Vol I said that"Configure Open Inventor, your X server or VNC server, and your local machine to do Remote Rendering", I want to know whether tomcat server can do Remote Rendering?(If not, would you recommend some servers?). Thx ~

Comment

Originally posted by ZhangGuo View Post
      Hi, Mike~ One question about Remote Rendering as below:
      Chapter 27, Vol I said that"Configure Open Inventor, your X server or VNC server, and your local machine to do Remote Rendering", I want to know whether tomcat server can do Remote Rendering?(If not, would you recommend some servers?). Thx ~
      Hi,
      Chapter 27 describes a very old technology for doing remote rendering using features of the X Window System on Linux servers. This technology still works, but is not recommended.

We recommend using the Open Inventor RemoteViz extension. Documentation for this is included in the Reference Manual here. RemoteViz provides high performance, low bandwidth streaming of rendered images to any major web browser (or an Open Inventor client). RemoteViz enables creating modern web-based applications with server-side 3D rendering.

RemoteViz does not have any dependency on specific web servers. I don't think we have tested with the Tomcat server. But we do offer a Java API for RemoteViz, so it should work.
      Regards,
      Mike

Comment

Working...
      X