CrossSection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossSection

Is it possible to do crosssection on 1D and 2D dimension Mesh by PoMeshCrossSection?

Re: CrossSection

Originally posted by sriandy View Post
    Is it possible to do crosssection on 1D and 2D dimension Mesh by PoMeshCrossSection?
    No, it only works on 3D (volume) meshes.

-Mike

Comment

RE: CrossSection

Originally posted by mikeheck View Post
      No, it only works on 3D (volume) meshes.

-Mike
      In CAE Analysis, we also need to perform cross section on 2D meshes. Is there any plan of implementing this feature in future OIV release. please let me know.

Comment

Cross section on 2D mesh

In CAE Analysis, we also need to perform cross section on 2D meshes. Is there any plan of implementing this feature in future OIV release?
        Yes, in fact this is on the requirements list for the next release of MeshVizXLM.
        Specifically to extract a line (1D mesh) from the intersection of a surface (2D mesh) with a plane.

Thanks for this feedback. We appreciate it!

-Mike
        Last edited by mikeheck; June 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM. Reason: cl

Comment

Cross Section on 2D meshes

Dear Mike,

Could you please let me know what is the next release version (with 2D Cross Section) and probable release date, so that it will be helpful for us to plan our product release.

Comment

Next release

Could you please let me know what is the next release version (with 2D Cross Section) and probable release date, so that it will be helpful for us to plan our product release.
            I'm sorry, but since Open Inventor 8.0 has just been released, we haven't announced an official date yet for the next release. Probably around the end of the year.

-Mike

Comment

Working...
            X