MeshViz Interface header files not installed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MeshViz Interface header files not installed

I have purchased the MeshViz7.2 license, but I find that I have no Meshviz Interface header files when I have finished installation. How can I figer out this problem?

by the way, what does "XLM" mean in "MeshViz XLM"?

thanks.

MeshViz Interface header files

Originally posted by gmwei View Post
    I have purchased the MeshViz7.2 license, but I find that I have no Meshviz Interface header files when I have finished installation. How can I figer out this problem?
    When you install the Open Inventor SDK, all the header files for all the extensions are installed (it doesn't matter what you have licensed).
    I confirm the MeshViz Interface header files are present in my 7.2 installation.
    What is the specific error message that suggests these files are missing?
    Are you able to successfully include other Inventor header files?

Under the installation directory there should be a directory named "include". Here there should be a directory named "MeshVizInterface" which contains the MeshViz Interface header files.

If the files exist, then:
    1. Check the #include statement in your code is correct, e.g. #include <MeshVizInterface/mapping/MoMeshViz.h>
    2. Check that $OIVHOME/include is in your include path.

If the "include" directory does not exist, then perhaps you have installed Open Inventor .NET instead of Open Inventor C++. The filename for the C++ installer should start with the letters "IOIVC".

by the way, what does "XLM" mean in "MeshViz XLM"?
    Not sure if this is an actual acronym or just sounds sexy :-) but it could stand for Xtremely Large Mesh.

-Mike

Comment

thanks for you replay.

I am sure I select the MeshViz XLM component when installing, and repeat this installation, but always find no the folder "MeshVizInterface", but meshviz folder exists.

additional information:
      installer: IOIVC-720-WIN-XP-VC7-32.exe

How can figer this out? If possible, I would like to have a new installer, where can I get the download address?

Thanks.

Comment

IOIVC-720-WIN-XP-VC7-32.exe does not install MeshViz XLM

I am sure I select the MeshViz XLM component when installing, and repeat this installation, but always find no the folder "MeshVizInterface", but meshviz folder exists.
        additional information: installer: IOIVC-720-WIN-XP-VC7-32.exe
        Thanks for giving the exact installer. That's critical and I forgot to ask if you are using an old compiler.

I confirm that IOIVC-720-WIN-XP-VC7-32.exe (Open Inventor 7.2 installer for Visual Studio 2003) does not install the MeshViz XLM files. :-(
        I also confirm that the Open Inventor 7.2 installers for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 do install the files (which is why I didn't notice this).

I apologize for the inconvenience. I don't know yet if this was a mistake in building the installer or a mistake in documentation (i.e. Visual Studio 2003 is intentionally not supported for MeshViz XLM). I do know that Visual Studio 2003 is NOT supported for Open Inventor 8.0. So I'm not saying you must or should do this, but the only immediate option is to upgrade to a more recent version of Visual Studio.

-Mike

Comment

Thanks for your clear explanations.
          One more question, where can I get a new new installer?(oiv7.2+vs2005 or vs2008).

Comment

Resolution

FYI - The development group has confirmed that we are not able to build MeshVixXLM with Visual Studio 2003 due to limitations in the implementation of STL in this compiler. This information should have been clearly communicated.

One more question, where can I get a new installer?(oiv7.2+vs2005 or vs2008).
            I have sent you the links to the installers (using the email address you used to register in the forum).
            Thank you for your patience in resolving this issue.

-Mike

Comment

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X