Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip Box

How can I create a clip box?

Suppose we have a model in open inventor. How can I clip a box from the model so that the model is shown with clip box extracted out? Take it another way, How can I clip a box from the model, so that any thing except the box is clipped off?

How can I clip a pie from the model?

Thanks,
    artmansoft

Clip box

Originally posted by artmansoft View Post
    How can I create a clip box?
    You can create a clip box using six SoClipPlane nodes.
    Suppose we have a model in open inventor. How can I clip a box from the model so that the model is shown with clip box extracted out? Take it another way, How can I clip a box from the model, so that any thing except the box is clipped off?

How can I clip a pie from the model?
    For the general case of geometry data, I don't know how to do this (which is not say it's impossible :-).

I don't think it applies in your case, but for completeness note that it is possible to define arbitrary clipping regions for the special case of volume rendering (VolumeViz). See the SoVolumeClippingGroup node.

-Mike

Comment

Dear Mike,

Thanks for help. Defining six clip plane is not good idea since they omit each other. Suppose I have a plane with its normal in y+ direction, then it would clip also other clip planes.

Unfortunately, SoVolumeClippingGroup does not exist in IVuPY. Do you have any idea about clip pie?

Thanks,
      artmansoft

Comment

Clip box

Defining six clip plane is not good idea since they omit each other. Suppose I have a plane with its normal in y+ direction, then it would clip also other clip planes.
        Clip planes do work for clipping outside a box (inclusion box). But you are correct that it does not work for clipping inside a box (exclusion box).

Unfortunately, SoVolumeClippingGroup does not exist in IVuPY. Do you have any idea about clip pie?
        Again for the special case of volume rendering (not geometry), it is possible to clip against any shape using a custom fragment shader (see SoVolumeShader). For each fragment the shader checks its position in the volume and rejects the fragment if it should be clipped.

-Mike

Comment

Thanks.

Again SoVolumeShader is not a part of IVuPY library. How can I create a clip pie?

Comment

Clip pie

Again SoVolumeShader is not a part of IVuPY library. How can I create a clip pie?
            I don't know of any other way to do this.
            Anybody else?

Comment

Working...
            X