Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing .obj, .ply into Avizo

Dear all,

I am really new to Avizo, I have some 3D data in .obj and .ply format, but I cannot load them into Avizo 9.0.1. Each time I tried to load the data, a File Format Selection dialogue box will pop-up, but I do not know which format to choose in order to successfully load my 3D data into Avizo. Could you please help me with this? Thank you.

Patrick

Originally posted by Patrick Wen View Post
    Dear all,

I am really new to Avizo, I have some 3D data in .obj and .ply format, but I cannot load them into Avizo 9.0.1. Each time I tried to load the data, a File Format Selection dialogue box will pop-up, but I do not know which format to choose in order to successfully load my 3D data into Avizo. Could you please help me with this? Thank you.
    Hi,
    Sorry, Avizo does not read .obj files. It can only write them:
    Avizo should be able to read .ply files if they are correctly formatted:
    Since neither format is working for you, you could try converting your surface to a different format, such as STL or VRML and see if you have better luck. There are free packages, e.g. MeshLab, that can do the conversion.

FYI, this (the Open Inventor Forum) is not the best place to ask questions about Amira or Avizo...
    If you have an Avizo license under current maintenance, you can request assistance at the Avizo hotline: fei-sw-support@fei.com. You will need to provide your license serial number or activation code. If you do not know it, instructions for identifying your license are available here: https://www.fei-software-center.com/...-license-keys/

Regards,
    Mike

Comment

Working...
    X