Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenInventor support for Augmented Reality

Hi everybody,
    in the past I used Coin3D only for 3D rendering. Now I'm interested in OpenInventor to use it both in 3D rendering and also for Augmented Reality. Googling on "OpenInventor Augmented Reality" resulted in many arcticles and links but none of them gave me a clear idea on how OpenInventor supports AR. Can someone here give an answer?
    Thank you
    Fabio

Originally posted by febozzo View Post
    I'm interested in OpenInventor to use it both in 3D rendering and also for Augmented Reality.
    Hi,
    Open Inventor support for VR/AR includes head tracking, event classes for tracked input devices, standard draggers respond to tracked input events and so on. This has been used for a long time to run Open Inventor applications in VR environments (e.g. CAVE). The next step is support for VR/AR goggles (HMD). In the Open Inventor 9.8 and later SDK you will find this example:

$OIVHOME/examples/source/Inventor/examples/demoVR

which should run on any device that supports OpenVR. We have tested with the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive for VR and with the Meta2 for AR. We demonstrated this solution at the SEG and RSNA shows last year (https://www.openinventor.com/en/news/detail/id/2685).

Comment

Working...
    X