Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a strange OIV dll conflict

Hy to all,
    i put this new thread about OIV dll conflict after searching argouments with any goals.

This is my case:
    i've two same applications powered by OpenInventor libraries, one using 9.2.0 release and compiled under VS2010pro and another using 9.5.1 release and compiled undes VS2013pro (all VS have latest service pack);

Installed on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit sp1 under different paths (every application has its own OIV runtime in its install folder) i see a strange behavior:
    first i run the application using 9.5.1 and it works; then, running application using 9.2.0 i've an application crash.

I must rename the directory where application is installed.

Please, can You help me? Someone have got this strange behavior?

Thank You in advance.

Vincent
    Attached Files

This kind of problem almost always means that a directory in your system PATH variable should NOT be there.
    For example, if the directory containing the DLLs for Open Inventor 9.5.1 is in PATH and the directory containing the DLLs for Open Inventor 9.2.0 is also in PATH, then you will have a problem. If the 9.5.1 directory appears first in PATH, then you will see exactly the behavior you reported -- the 9.5.0 application runs and the 9.2.0 application crashes.

If this is a "production" environment, then one solution is to copy the appropriate Open Inventor DLLs into the directory that contains the application executable. Normally Windows should search there first when looking for required DLLs, so it won't matter what is or isn't in your system path.

Another solution is to create a script (.bat) file to start the application. In the script you can add the appropriate Open Inventor DLL directory to PATH (the change is local to this process), then start the application. For example, you might create a file called "start.bat" and put in it:
    Code:
    @set PATH=myOpenInventorDir;%PATH%
    myApplication

Comment

Hy mikeheck,
      thank You very much for Your reply and Your suggestions;
      I'll try to follow Your last ones and check if the dll conflict appears again.

Thank You very much.

Regards,

Vincenzo

Comment

Working...
      X